automobile accident lawyer

Is improper car seat usage contributing to children’s car accident injuries?

There are few things more distressing for car accident lawyers than litigating injury claims involving children. Unfortunately, these cases are a reality of the job: according to Transport Canada, more than 2000 Canadian children between the ages of 1 and 4 are injured or killed in car crashes each year. Quebec’s auto insurance board, SAAQ, …

Is improper car seat usage contributing to children’s car accident injuries? Read More »

Friends and families of traffic accident victims band together

In late October, a group named Friends and Families for Safe Streets (FFSS) launched in Toronto. The organization is comprised of relatives and loved ones of traffic victims who want to ‘put a human face’ on the issue of road safety, according to the Toronto Star. They are the first group of their kind in …

Friends and families of traffic accident victims band together Read More »

Why Hire an Oakville Personal Injury Lawyer?

As Toronto grows into a world class metropolis, individuals living outside the city’s core are flocking downtown in search of the best quality legal representation. However, the best representation can often be found closer to home: if you or someone you love has suffered a serious injury, consider hiring a local Oakville personal injury lawyer …

Why Hire an Oakville Personal Injury Lawyer? Read More »

Holiday Season Brings More Car Accidents

Holiday Season Brings More Car Accidents A study done by All State Insurance shows that in the past 20 years, most car accidents have happened on three days: December 21, 22 and 23. The study counted insurance claims for car accidents in 50 separate communities in Ontario, Alberta, Quebec and New Brunswick.  A separate Global …

Holiday Season Brings More Car Accidents Read More »

Personal Injury Awards in Canada

Personal Injury While we are used to seeing sky-high personal injury awards in the United States, Canadian courts occasionally award personal injury awards in the millions. In an article published by the CBC here, a number of large court awards were discussed. So what kinds of claims get these high personal injury awards? Keep reading…   Marcoccia …

Personal Injury Awards in Canada Read More »

New Developments in Personal Injury Cases: Fitbit Now Being Used to Prove Personal Injury Losses

New Developments in Personal Injury Cases  Proving Damages in Personal Injury Matters Using “Fitbit”  In Calgary, new developments in personal injury law permit personal injury lawyers to prove their client’s claims with quantifiable data. Fitbit, a popular fitness tracker, is being used by a Calgary law firm to show a client’s diminished physical activity levels …

New Developments in Personal Injury Cases: Fitbit Now Being Used to Prove Personal Injury Losses Read More »

Wicked Winter Ahead: Safety Tips for Preventing Car Accidents

Winter is coming and with it, an increased risk of car accidents Holiday season is fast approaching, and with it, winter weather and more car accidents. Car accidents are common sights on our roadways during the winter. In an effort to reduce car accidents, we’ve put together this list of tips to keep you safe this …

Wicked Winter Ahead: Safety Tips for Preventing Car Accidents Read More »

Ins-and-outs of e-bikes

The Regulation of E-bikes in Ontario E-bikes (electric bicycles) are an increasingly common sight on Ontario roads and sidewalks. They can be the cause of significant personal injury. Many people wonder – are e-bikes regulated the same as motor vehicles? For all regulatory purposes, e-bikes are treated the same as non-motorized bicycles. Riders must be …

Ins-and-outs of e-bikes Read More »

When Poor Road Conditions Cause Car Accidents: What You Can Do

Poor road conditions, potholes and prevention Have you been in a car accident caused by poor road conditions? Poor road conditions cause up to 10% of car accidents. While 90% of car accidents are caused by driver error, the other 10% are caused by poor road conditions such as potholes, erosion, shoulder drop-offs, missing guardrails, …

When Poor Road Conditions Cause Car Accidents: What You Can Do Read More »

Have you been hit by a city streetcar or bus?

Have you suffered a personal injury in an accident with a Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), Oakville Transit, Mississauga Transit, Brampton Transit or other city streetcar or bus? If you were involved in an accident that resulted in personal injury with a vehicle owned and operated by a city, such as the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), Oakville Transit, …

Have you been hit by a city streetcar or bus? Read More »